Lisburn Gaming Club Forums

Full Version: Dystopian Doctrine Vs Underacheivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Semi Final 2 has been played!

Dystopian Doctrine (TV 1080) vs Underacheivers (TV 1490)
First half got underway with the Doctrine receiving; they picked up the ball and started a slow grind forward. Some stellar play (and unlucky dice) later, they pushed and score on turn 6, leaving the Elves 2 turns to score with an Elf sent off and a mercenary Ogre in the KO box. Possibly not worth it in light of the second half!

The kick went deep and the Elves blitzed up the left wing, punching a hole. The Doctrine tried to recover, but the ball was passed to a waiting Witchelf who ran in a TD as turn 8 ended.

Second half, the elves received the ball and returned the favour of slow play. For four turns this looked good until the dice decided it was time to pay - three casualties in a single turn and the loose cage was penetrated. The elves ran the ball up the left wing again, and though the Doctrine tied up the free players and knocked the ball free, the Elves once again punted to the waiting Witchelf, taking the score to 2-1 at turn 7/6.

All we have to do is hold them for 2 turns, said the coach, when the crowd erupted! A full blown riot occurred when a halfling dropped a sandwich in the stands, and when the referee called the line up, the clock was set back a turn. Now we had to hold for three turns! The punching continued, as the doctrine forced their way up the field for two turns. as the closing seconds ticked away, the elves threw themselves at the cage, pushing the Chaos pact into a scrum. They pushed open the side, and the ball carrier tried to blitz his way out past the last Line Elf, but caught his foot on a Blitzer's hands. He stumbled, wobbled, and fell over! The whistle blew, and the Underacheivers took the game 2-1.

The elves took a terrible beating. One dead, one sent off, one injured, and one broken (-1AG) lineman in return for a single injury. Thank heavens the TV gap wasn't wide enough for Morg n'Throgg to fit through!

Roll on the all Elf final!

colmo

Nuffle was displeased with me. I was astonished when you gave me a free hit on the ball carrier in the end of the first half (edit: I forgot it was a Dump Off attempt - not a skill I'd rely on except in emergencies) - however, the Dark Elf had to reroll his pattycakes, got the POW, then blew his GFI to scoop the ball up, and your recovery was a simple one. That was one gift offered and not taken.

The Merc Ogre blew a block which left the left-field wide open for the decider. Aside from that one turn of carnage, and some vicious crowd and dodge injury rolls, my lack of Block really told - so many both down results! Quite a few rerolled blocks which rerolled badly.

It's a very solid looking team you have (410k inducements!) - the injuries will only serve to trim some TV bloat.
I think he give you that block intentionally to test out Dump-Off! Plus I don't think it was Nuffle as much as you forgetting the renegades all have animosity instead of Loner!
Wow, sounds like an exciting game, well done lads!

So all elf final, and goblins vs chaos pact 3rd place play-off then. Looking forward to them both!

What was the casualty count?

colmo

(09-06-2014, 03:41 PM)GJP Wrote: [ -> ]I think he give you that block intentionally to test out Dump-Off! Plus I don't think it was Nuffle as much as you forgetting the renegades all have animosity instead of Loner!

Yeah, that too. My memory is shocking.

(09-06-2014, 05:54 PM)reroll Wrote: [ -> ]So all elf final, and goblins vs chaos pact 3rd place play-off then. Looking forward to them both!

Argh, not those damned gobbos again!

(09-06-2014, 05:54 PM)reroll Wrote: [ -> ]What was the casualty count?

I think it might be 3-1, there were four Elves in the SI/Dead box but I think one was a red card, which iirc also caused my one injury.