Slight problem with Deathwatch
Okay guys,

I've tried to keep it working as best I can but the RPG system is just not designed for such a large group. 8 was pushing it at best.

The mission I am running at the moment is designed for about 4-6 people.

You probably noticed on Friday that, as a group, a decision could not be reached on what you needed to be doing in the mission.

As it stands, as a team you have successfully alienated your only mode of transport to and from the planet. The transport is not under Space Marine or Deathwatch control. Diaz Lan was meant to be your guide and main introduction to the planet Aurum's residents I doubt he'll be willing to co-operate.

I hate having to ask this but we need to bring the number of players down to a manageable level. I'm not going to say that x player needs to go but I think you guys need to discuss this.

From a GM point of view, I'm willing to keep going with 9 players but the following issues are going to keep happening:
  • it'll will make getting everyone together on the same night harder
  • game decisions will become harder to make and more people can go against the group and do their own thing (which in an rpg is what is meant to happen but 4 people doing different things is hard to keep track of for 1. the squad leader and 2. the GM
  • combat, which is slow enough already, will be a grind. Making a quick encounter last hours instead of minutes. Large encounters will last into different sessions.

Again, sorry that it has to come to this but it's more to do with making the game fun instead of a just a bunch of random stuff happening.

Please note that this mission is not a heavy combat mission. Role-playing is a must for it. So consider this if you wish to continue. It will not be a 40k skirmish played out on the map.

Thanks,
------------------------------------------------
I resemble that remark - Wade Wilson
------------------------------------------------
i get where your coming from bob and can see why. I agree should be looked at
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
Well I'm happy enough to drop out, since I've just joined it makes more sense for me to drop out rather than some one who has been playing it from the start
"They should not be here."
Also I didn't really have a clue what was going on
"They should not be here."
I am willing to drop out but I have enjoyed it being a member of te team from the start and I still want to keep my character and his BIO for further campaigns.

(04-07-2014, 01:21 PM)Nc89 Wrote: I am willing to drop out but I have enjoyed it being a member of te team from the start and I still want to keep my character and his BIO for further campaigns.

dont u dare drop out of deathwatch u have more of a right to stay in it than most
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
(04-07-2014, 02:01 PM)wolfie Wrote:
(04-07-2014, 01:21 PM)Nc89 Wrote: I am willing to drop out but I have enjoyed it being a member of te team from the start and I still want to keep my character and his BIO for further campaigns.

dont u dare drop out of deathwatch u have more of a right to stay in it than most

Well i see what you mean. I enjoy deathwatch, I always wanted to play it. unless we get some sort of system in place this will continue to be slow.

Has anybody else got opinions or suggestions?

im going to drop out guys im a firm believer in set group numbers from a role play point of view, I have some varied role playing experience and due to the large number we have for the benifit for those wishing to have some role playing fun i will step aside. I mentioned this to bob on friday night/sat at some point.

Thou im very willing to spectate from time to time to see how you guys go Smile
I am happy to drop out of Deathwatch, I am kinda the same as Chris, I don't really know whats going on lol
Dreadball - The Void Sirens "The Pink Ladies"

WHFB - Lizardmen, Ogres, Dwarfs

40k - Ultramarines

Being a newbie I'd be willing to drop out to let the guys who have been with it for a good while play.
"In the end I will return. For the final battle. For the Wolf Time." - Last Words of Leman Russ