grr I hate spray varnish
I think this has been covered before, but any really reliable tips for stopping spray varnish from ruining your models?

I waited for a dry day, put the central heating on so it was warm but not baking, put the can 30cm above the radiator for twenty minutes, shook VERY well, and sprayed inside. Still got some frosting grr.

Managed to correct with hard coat but wish it wouldn't happen in the first place. Any tips?
MIKE
Retribution of Scyrah (Vyros: won 6, lost 2, Issyria: won 1, lost 5)
Roger has some experience with spray varnish. I usually just leave it personally

msut admit never used it once.
Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!

[Image: badmoonz.jpg]

"Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!"
i always use it. but never had the frosting except first time. i dont find any particular tips etc. i just seem to spray and pray. i however have just bought a new tin so hoping its ok
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
Favourite brands? (Assuming I don't want proper gloss)
MIKE
I use the Army Painters Anti-shine varnish. Never had any problems with it
hey mike, i remember mark complaining about varnish when he was doing my lizardmen, he said he swears by only one brand which is "humbrol" if i remember right. send him a message just to confirm that though
"They should not be here."
Do you know, bizarrely, now I have gone over the metal with ardcoat, I actually really like the effect that the frosting has created. Probably wouldnt work for every army style by my Scyrah look cool.
MIKE
Vallejo do a good varnish spray. This one is somewhere between matt and gloss: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vallejo-400ml-S...B002Z8L4BY

GW's was always a problem because it seemed to dry out before it actually hit the model, which then led to the speckled effect. I remember one of my friends painting a Black Templars army to a beautiful finish, and then used spray varnish. He nearly exploded when the frosting effect happened on the black armour. Let's just say that the phone call to GW was not a happy one....