Lisburn Gaming Club Blood Bowl League (LGCBBL) Season 3 RULES
Hello Blood Bowlers! The Lisburn Gaming Club Blood Bowl League (LGCBBL) Season 3 is due to start early February 2017. Here is what you need to know to take part!

The league is using all the rules from the new 5th edition box set and new Death Zone supplement (including the errata) with the exception of the optional Piling-On skill. 

For those who haven't got around to getting the new shiny stuff, never fear! The rules are 99% the same as the old Competition Rules Pack (CRP) found here. The main differences of the new rule set are mainly to do with running the league and the availability of inducements discussed in the changes post.

The teams eligible for the league will be the nine teams included in the Death Zone supplement. Humans, Orcs, Skaven, Dwarfs, Nurgle, Union (Pro) Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves and Wood Elves. Please note anyone using the CRP linked above that Human Catchers are now 60,000 gp and Skaven Gutterrunners have gained the Weeping Dagger skill which can upgrade a Badly Hurt casualty result to a miss next match result on a roll of 4+.

Brand new teams only - no LGCBBL season 1 or 2 teams!

Team rosters sheets can be printed out from here and here

At the time of writing there have been 3 new teams released by GW - Human, Orc, and Skaven, with Dwarfs expected soon. So with regard to model availability all previous edition and 3rd party models shall be legal. In addition, all manner of proxy-ing and kit bashing is heartily recommended! The only conditions are each model should be uniquely numbered and all positional models should be clearly defined.

Pre-season starts immediately and will run until  the end of January/start of February. Each coach may play as many games as they like with as many different teams as they like in pre-season, however you will not be able to register a team for the main league that has played more than 3 games. This should give newer players a chance to experiment with what works or doesn't, and what teams they like to play with or not, before they are locked in.

All pre-seasons games should be played at Lisburn Gaming Club or TableTop North (Stranmillis; Monday nights). To be eligible for the league proper a coach must have played at least one pre season game at LGC. 

Season 3 will start in early February. Coaches will be spilt into groups of 4-6 depending on numbers. Each team will play each other team in their group once with the top 2 going through to the knock out stages to determine the overall Season 3 winner. There will also be a losers bracket final if so desired!  

Any questions, post on here, or speak to the league commissioners myself (GJP - Gerard) or reroll (Bryan) at the club.
[Image: nafId?n=19316&s=2]
As an entirely potentially new LGC member, I am interested.

When you say PO optional, you mean you are excluding the rule altogether I assume (not taking the watered down mess it is now)?

Related note, how in the heck does one become an LGC member/attendee?
(01-05-2017, 11:44 PM)Kaiowas Wrote: As an entirely potentially new LGC member, I am interested.

When you say PO optional, you mean you are excluding the rule altogether I assume (not taking the watered down mess it is now)?

Related note, how in the heck does one become an LGC member/attendee?

Aye, not using Piling On at all.

To become a member/attendee all you need to do is show up!
[Image: nafId?n=19775&h=50&w=1400&s=2]
i'll look into getting down before end of month. I sort of want to go to Vandal on the 14th and its the wife's birthday this weekend. I'll maybe post up to see if there's interest in a friendly week of 21st
Hey just checking. How long is this going to be running for? Also how frequently would be able to get games in. I would only be able to make it down maybe once a month.

If this is alright I could get myself +1 other involved.
(01-20-2017, 07:14 PM)Gothump Wrote: Hey just checking. How long is this going to be running for? Also how frequently would be able to get games in. I would only be able to make it down maybe once a month.

If this is alright I could get myself +1 other involved.

The idea is a group stage of 4 teams, so three games with the top 2 teams progressing to knock outs.

The group stage is looking likely to start mid February and we hope to have it finished within about 2 months or so. So if you can arrange two games on one weekend and the last on another you should be able to get all three games in on only two visits over two months.

We are asking that at least one pre season game is played at the club before the group stage starts proper.
[Image: nafId?n=19775&h=50&w=1400&s=2]