help with painting tanks
ok guys. as many of you saw i painted my tanked just boltgun metal just to get them the right colour to begin. Well to make my army look less unpainted. I not wish to go over the top of it in a lighter silver. However it seems that when i try to the silver doesnt fully go over it well enough and it kind of streaks and the boltgun metal below comes through in places.

Did i explain that well enough? and does anyone have any tips on how to fix it?
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
I would do edge highlights, it would probably come up better, then add weathering/rust/etc

It sounds like you are attempting to drybush, but overbrushing instead or you paint consistency is wrong
There is some brilliant useful articles on AJ's blog here's one for example that might help

http://ajsgamingworld.blogspot.com/2011/...cheme.html

also take a look to see what else is on offer for inspiration.
To see more check out my blog
[Image: B%252520Header%252520950.jpg]
Was saying to you at the club how much I loved that article, couldn't see Colin going to same lengths though
you could paint it for me....
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
What you can do is water down some black wash and put it over it or use a sponge to blot paint on.
I would be more inclined to use a non metallic base painting. Then drybrush chainmail over it all... not much... but enough to create a hint of the metallic element.