Not sure how to paint my Dark Eldar
Hey I just got my army two day's ago, thanks again for your advice. Are there any site's that can give advice on how to paint Dark Eldar and the different clan's you can chose to use.

Cheers.
moving this to painting forum
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
whatever coluor you want works, I've foudn picking colours i like or googling dark eldar then hit images you'll see schemes others ahev done and can pick noe yu like and work from there.

my marines I did dark blue and ligher green trims, my guard are grey and orange, rowans dark eldar are shades of dark to light blue. so just pick what scheme/colours you like and name them your own cabal...

they'll die the same to my imperial guns Tongue
The WDs around the launch had many schemes. If you want to know what colours to use post a pic of desired result and we can advise as best as possible Smile

My vote would go to a shocking pink, but that's just cuz it looks awesome and different on table Smile
It what suits you that really matters at the end of the day. Something simple works and the more spray cans you can use the better it works out. Humbrol spray cans come in a vast variety of colours and if you look at your codex you'll get ideas from that too.
Quite like what Phil Kelly did with his in todays Whats New Today
purples and blues seem to be the main ideas from what i see
[Image: Not+the+mama+_5dbac1947b4f5268d7cbbc57ee1cff85.gif]

[Image: FireflyDance.gif]
Black armour with green and white highlights would look really etherial looking.
White and drybrush boltgun metal over it. Makes a dulled armour effect. Add a wash to give shading. The wash will tint the armour so pick one you like.

I always build one model first and do a test of the colour scheme.
------------------------------------------------
I resemble that remark - Wade Wilson
------------------------------------------------
(05-19-2011, 02:51 PM)drunkbobnopants Wrote: I always build one model first and do a test of the colour scheme.

QFT best thing to do. See if you like it and it's quci enough to do whole army